Monday, February 7

Just another lazy Monday

My new super-efficient-spectacular work organizational plan has now been in effect for 2 weeks. I have not only had the fun of colour-coding, sorting and crossing things off - but I'm actually doing super, spectacularly efficient work. So much so that by 1:20PM I had finished not only everything on today's list - but tomorrow's too. That left me with so many possibilities - getting a head start on other rapidly approaching projects, tackling those "if hell ever freezes over and time allows" projects or even going into 'observation' mode (read playing silly games with kids while pretending to evaluate team members.)

However, I think I made much better choices with my time. This afternoon I did the following:
  • Spent 45 minutes at www.hallmark.com picking out those perfect cards for those special someones. (Sorry they were late guys - that's what you get for all three of you having a birthday on the same day - hope you like the annoying birthday song. It's only 'cause I love you.)
  • Sat on the couch and visited with a former co-worker and his too adorable daughter. Ensured said daughter received appropriate amount of encouragement to continue to call the dog "Mama", eat raisins by smushing handfuls into her face and dance on the table. I wonder why they never let me babysit?
  • Forwarded my favorite Bush joke* to everyone I thought would find it funny. I sent it to everyone else twice.
  • Did more "google stalking" under the guise of looking up old co-workers for an upcoming reunion. Oh the stories I'll be able to tell.
  • Left at 5:00PM for an important business dinner with a very valuable client. (Don't tell anyone she's only 12 - we had important things to discuss - such as a certain boy named A.J., Good Charlotte, the upcoming Survivor and why she feels compelled to eat sour cream, even though she doesn't like it.)
Good thing I'm salaried and have many 12 hour days to look forward to or I might feel a bit guilty. Besides, almost everything was work "related". I even sent the Bush joke to my boss.

*Q: How many Bush Administration officials does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are a delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effect. Why do you hate freedom?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home