Sunday, February 20

Would You Like Cheese With That?

On my way to the grocery store, I followed a car that had a bumper sticker that read

"Don't Whine, Organize."

I thought, hey - that's good. I LOVE to organize. I can imagine proudly displaying such a bumper sticker about my desk at work. Then when I'm interrupted, I could just point at the sticker. Can't remember when the meeting is - don't whine, organize. Can't find receipts for your expense report - don't whine, organize. Forgot to turn in project info on time - don't whine, organize.

And then I noticed the car's other bumper stickers:

"Just Say Yes to Unions"
"Don't Settle. Fight For YOUR Rights."
"Unions - YES. Free Labour - NO."

Oh - that organize. Hmm, maybe I won't put it above my desk after all. I think non-profits probably frown on organized unions. Especially at the managerial level.

Besides - it seems like around here - it should more accurately read "Organize Your Right To Whine." Case in point - those damn hockey players.

3 Comments:

At 12:56 a.m., February 20, 2005, Blogger Kabooke Quantum Fighter said...

hi-low. i know those dudes that ride around with bumper stickers like that. work 14 hr shifts, plad/lumberjack shirt, un shaved and tired as a mule, hank williams on the tape deck. they can be in your face a lot. i prefer the people that work hard and are happy with it. anyways, kool blog-

 
At 6:45 a.m., February 20, 2005, Blogger Brian said...

there is nothing wrongwith a little organization, though I agree that nonprofits would probably frown on the whole union thing.

Fun post though :)

 
At 1:00 p.m., February 26, 2005, Blogger Kyle said...

That is such a funny observation!

I'm going to go organize.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home