Saturday, January 15

My name is Jax and I'm a Lurkaholic

It began about 8 months ago. I was surfing the net and somehow found myself reading a blog. I was familiar with the term, but had never really checked them out before. I read a bit, clicked a link, read some more, clicked another link and pretty soon my "Favorites" had a new "Blog" category.

As I found new gems to read, I found I wasn't satisfied to just read the recent posts - it felt like I was discovering "Friends" or "Sex in the City" midway through the 4th season. I learned to love those archives buttons and within a few weeks not only had a number daily must reads, but I was completely up to date with their online journey.

To my shame, in my eagerness to devour this new source of entertainment, I selfishly fell into the dreaded "lurker" category. I read and read and read and posted nary a comment. Not once.

I knew I was in too deep when I began taking life experiences and composing imaginary entries for a non-existant blog - something had to give. So here it is. I'm officially de-lurking. First this blog ... next the comment section ... who know the chaos this will cause!

Jax

1 Comments:

At 3:47 p.m., February 19, 2005, Blogger Jax said...

Hey guys - thanks for taking the time to comment on my first post. It was a thrill to see something other than a "0" beside Comments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home